Ungolok is the first encounter in the Rhen of Fate. This guide will walk you through both the normal and hard mode versions of the encounter.
With 3.6 launching tomorrow I wanted to touch on some of the bigger items that are coming with tomorrow's patch. Remember that 3.6 is rolling out in multiple phases - and what's listed below is not to be taken as complete patch notes. It's more or less a condensed version of the patch notes with possibly some more details of what I found interesting.
Ascended Soul Pack
For the ascended living under a rock, the Ascended Soul Pack will be coming out with 5 new souls (one for each spec) in 3.6.
- Mage: Frost Keeper (Single Target Healing)
- Warrior: Warchanter (Single Target Healing)
- Primalist: Maelstrom (Single Target Ranged DPS)
- Cleric: Runeshaper (Single Target Ranged DPS)
- Rogue: Shadeborn (Two Target Melee DPS)
The Ascended Soul Pack will cost $34.99 / €34.99 / £26.99 / 4725 Credits at launch. With the launch of this new soul pack, the previous two (Dream and Storm Legion) soul packs are getting a price reduction to 3,750 Credits and 3000 Credits respectively.
Click through for more information on Patch 3.6 celebration of the Ascended.
Trion just released their newest raid on the PTS waiting for the ascended to start testing it. This raid contains 4 bosses and 2 mini bosses. Naturally I had to go in and have a look and I have to say it's a beautiful environment.
Trion is also doing something new with this raid. We've seen "easy mode" in the past, but they're actually adding a new mode called "introduction mode". How this works is it buffs your raid's hit up to 1600 (regardless of where your current hit stands) and it decreases the health of the mobs as well as the damage they output.
We do know that it will drop raid marks for sure, but it's uncertain whether or not it will drop equippable loot in "introduction mode". Either way I feel like this is going to be a great catch up mechanic for guilds who are in a progression rut or just a great way to be able to have players that are behind current tier experience and enjoy new content.
I have a fantastic gallery of the bosses and the zone you can view if you click through to the post.
It looks like with hotfix #18, Trion is trying to help out guilds that are currently in a progression rut or maybe you've lost a few members and have been working on gearing up their replacements.
It looks like if you have a full set of Tier 1 equivalent gear, you'll be bolstered up to 1200 hit and up to 1500 additional endurance. If you have a full set of Tier 2 equivalent you'll be at 1520 hit. This is a limited time event during the 5th anniversary event so make sure to take advantage of it to try and move your guild a bit further down the progression road.
In addition to the temporary stat bolstering, The Rhen of Fate now resets twice per week instead of one time.
Once the patch goes live we'll know exactly how it's working and I'll update this excerpt to reflect that. If you want to see the (very limited) patch notes, feel free to click through.
This is a series that I've wanted to do for awhile. Mainly just being able to give MMO players a way to draw some comparisons or highlight some differences between the MMO they are most familiar with and RIFT.
I will start with World of Warcraft since it's likely the most common and at the very least the one MMO that most people are familiar with. This is meant to be a quick rundown - it is not meant to go into an insane amount of detail. If I'm wrong or you think I'm missing something obvious, please point it out and I'll update it.
WoW = Rift:
- Reputation = Notoriety
- Talent Trees = Soul Trees
- Hearthstone = Soul Recall
- WoW Token = REX (kind of)
- Cloak = Cape
- Battlegrounds = Warfronts
- Subscriber = Patron
- Heroic = NTE = Expert Dungeon
- iLvl = Hit
- Pets = Companions
The rumours of my demise are greatly exaggerated.
When I returned to RIFT (albeit much more casually than I had played back in Vanilla and Storm Legion) there was already a good ecosystem with Khortish regularly updating RiftGrate and the forums being (mostly) active. I just kept making sure the best in slot was functional, updating it for Primalist and things. (Granted the weights are mostly out of date - happy to take any updated ones if you can provide). I didn't really see a reason to revive the news/guide section of RiftScene.
That said, re-building RiftScene (on a whole other CMS) has been something I've been working on for the better part of a year off and on. I always find reasons to procrastinate and "do it tomorrow", but I figured let's get this out there and get the ball rolling. This is very much a soft launch and I'll do a much larger launch (with contests and prizes) once I get a bit more content on here.
I contemplated importing a lot of the old content, but instead I'm going to just keep the old content (mostly) intact at archive.riftscene.com. Most of it is out of date, but for what is still relevant we may reference some posts here and there or import them over time to the new system. All old URL's should be redirecting properly to the archived content.
The best in slot / item database is a little more complicated. I am currently working on getting that to be it's own thing as well, but that is now hosted at db.riftscene.com and the links will also redirect as they should. It will still be kept up to date and everything like it has in the past, I just wanted to refresh RiftScene one portion at a time.
What to expect from RiftScene going forward:
I'm not going to try to make RiftScene the all for one place for information. I tried that the first time around and even when we were at our peak in terms of amount of contributors and readers we could not accomplish that goal. Contribution in RIFT (as you all likely know) is at a fairly low point right now, so it would just be too much to take on. Instead we're going to try to take the content as we can get it. If we get players who want to contribute, we'll happily be a vessel whether it's them posting the content here or us simply linking to it and letting our community know it exists.
All that being said - if you want to contribute content (whether on this website or elsewhere that we can link to) feel free to reach out to me at qube "at" riftscene.com and I'm happy to work with as many people that want to contribute.
We got a few things in the wood work right now so expect at least some interesting content in the coming weeks.
TL; DR: RiftScene is posting new shit again.
NA: 3/23/16 7:30 AM PST
EU: 3/24/16 1 AM GMT
MULTICORE RENDERER BETA
* Fixed an issue causing the Multicure Renderer to be slower than intended.
* We've disabled the experimental multicore renderer when using the low-quality renderer.
* 5th Anniversary Celebration: Fixed a display issue with the World Event quest that would cause it to display incorrect text.
* The achievement Empyreal Assault Adventures! has been moved to Legacy.
* Turning in a Bounty set should no longer dismount you.
* The following weekly quests are now banded by level, no longer require the completion of specific zone events:
- Shield of the Land and Frontlines of the Planes (level 45 to 50)
- Shards of Infinity (Level 51-60)
- War Across the Seas (Level 61-65)
* The quests to complete 7 zone-specific Instant Adventures has been removed from the following zones:
- Cape Jule
- City Core
- Steppes of Infinity
* The daily quests given in Sanctum and Meridian have been replaced with weekly quests. Their rewards have been substantially improved. These quests are available from level 10-49.
* A weekly quest to complete Instant Adventures has been added to Tempest Bay. The quest is given by Tacitus the Elder and is available levels 50-59.
ZONES AND EVENTS
* Fixed an edge case that could occasionally result in an IA raid not getting any quest objectives. (Thanks, Soulshield!)
* Increased the drop rate of Golden Maw artifacts from the Rival Bounty Hunter in Planetouched Wilds.
DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
MIND OF MADNESS
* Fixed Dominance leaderboards for Lady Justice, Dark Genesis and Arisen Arak.
* Arisen Arak: Shadow of Czyth now prioritizes Implosion in his rotation and no longer requires a target in clear line of sight to activate.
* Pillars of Justice: Reduced the health of this encounter by 10%, reduced the outgoing damage on spike hitting attacks by 10-15%, reduced the damage gain from Injustice by 3% per stack, increased the cast time of interrupt mechanics and Stay/Order of Execution (42 seconds to 48).
* Fauxmire: Decreased boss health by 10%.
* Lady Envy: Decreased boss health by 10%.
PVP AND WARFRONT
* The reward chest in Conquest will no longer give Void Stones or Hearts of the Frozen.
* Instead, they now grant Abyssal Crusader Marks by default, with a small chance to instead get a Warmongers Mark.
* PVP weekly quests have had their reward package increased to include 5000 Favor in addition to everything else they currently reward.
* Battlemasters Brew now stacks to 99.
* Fixed an issue that would cause tanks with Tier 3 relic weapons to damage enemies around their corpse when they were resurrected.
* Explosion of Vigor now heals the caster for 30% of their maximum health, up from 15%.
* Explosion of Vigor now damages nearby enemies for 30% of the casters maximum health, up from 15%.
*The Nexian Spellbinder, the mage off-hand from Mind of Madness, now correctly has a sidegrade to the tanking version, Fortified Nexian Spellbinder.