According to Rift’s Official Portal for Storm Legion, we will see the following new features made available:…
Posted by Cupcakes on: May 30, 2012
Fellow Rift forum users have been in a flurry after a user noticed that Trion recently trademarked “Storm Legion” as seen in the following database entry in the TARR system. What is the Storm Legion you ask? Well, if you haven’t paid much attention to the lore within Rift, Storm Legion is the Dragon Cult associated with Crucia, the dragon of air, who is currently imprisoned deep within the mountains of Iron Pine Peek. Crucia’s Storm Legion is against the Golden Maw of Laethys as well as Regulos’ cult.
Knowing that little detail and the recent spatter of rumors from PC Gamer about a possible upcoming expansion, there is enough here to put together that the first Rift expansion will possibly be titled “Storm Legion.” To also aid those theories, Trion also have the domain, “stormlegion.com”, which has been registered since August 2011, but was just recently updated a week ago (May 15th) according to whois information. Then again a lot of companies prefer to register domains that have keywords that relate to their product so this could prove useless in the end but it is a little nudge towards something!…
1.9 PTS In-Progress Set #2
- PTS NOTE: Conquest: Your mentor level will be cleared when entering a Conquest map. Characters cannot Mentor while in Conquest.
- PTS NOTE: Conquest: Fixed a bug where you couldn’t loot player corpses.
- PTS NOTE: DPS of PvP Set 5 weapons increased to match PvE counterparts.
- PTS Note: Focus and Hit added to PvP Set weapons toned down compared to amounts of Focus and Hit on comparable tier PvE weapons.
- PTS NOTE: Increased minimum Bolstering to rank 36 for Warfronts.
If you’ve been unlocky enough to have never acquired the Aelfwar Marauder’s Helm either when it dropped back in August during the Legacy of the Fallen event or find one on the auction house for an extortionate price, well you’re in luck.
The reward vendor for the World Event has had their item rewards updated and there’s a plethora of Life-based items very similar to those from the Legacy of the Fallen. The rewards range from Life-resist based essences, a box that gives you a random Summerfest Companion and… an Aelfwar costume!
You’ll be able to purchase the coveted Aelfwar Marauder’s Helm (although named Aelfwar Helmet for this event), along with other new costume items to match:
- Aelfwar Helmet (250 Summerfest Badges)
- Aelfwar Shoulders (250 Summerfest Badges)
- Aelfwar Tunic (250 Summerfest Badges)
- Aelfwar Gloves (250 Summerfest Badges)
- Aelfwar Leggings (250 Summerfest Badges)
- Aelfwar Boots (250 Summerfest Badges)
So when the event comes live in June, start farming to get to the 1500 Summerfest Badges you’ll need to buy the complete outfit! Of course.. save up for more for the other rewards, which I’ll write up in another post later tonight.…
How often have you found yourself with over thousands worth of a mixture of various Annual World Event currency? Probably pretty often.. maybe even often enough that you made a bank-alt just to store all of your currency. I know I have my currency spread between a few of my characters, sometimes I even just mail it and let it expire and mail it back again because I have no bag space at all.
Up on the PTS right now, the Annual World Event Currency has been added to the regular Currency tab where your money, Marks, Inscribed and other currency are at. They will no longer be an actual item that will take up space in your bags!
If you’re wondering how you’re going to be able to transfer the currency to your alts, Mortt has stated that you will be able to purchase Vouchers–the same as you would if you were transferring Inscribed Sourcestone. Right now the PTS shows planarite as well for the cost however this will be changed. It will simply just need 1 event currency for 1 voucher (or 25 event currency for a 25 voucher.)
Unfortunately, it looks like this will just be for the Annual-based World Event Currency.…
If you haven’t been around the forums to see the good news, Addiction, a defiant guild on Laethys (how fitting) is currently the first guild to have killed Laethys. Congratulations on your World First! Another congratulation goes to No Quarter as well! They came up just behind Addiction with their World Second kill.
Fantastic job guys and good luck with Maelforge tomorrow!
Decoy has just updated the Infernal Dawn Gate Unlock Dates And Times thread to let us know when Maelforge would be available.
To my surprise, they’re going to be unlocking Maelforge regardless if Laethys has been downed or not (which to date, no one has!) as an incentive.
The next unlock is scheduled for 11am PST on Saturday, May 26, and will grant access to Maelforge, regardless of whether Laethys has been killed yet or not. Consider it an incentive!
FEATURES IN TESTING ON PTS
- 5/22 PTS NOTE: Tweaked a bunch of Conquest numbers for ongoing testing!
- An early version of Conquest is now on PTS for testing! At this point, Conquest will only be accessible when specifically enabled for a playtest.
- Align yourself with one of the three warring groups – the Dominion, the Oathsworn, or the Nightfall, and join three-way cross-shard conflict in a contested sliver of Stillmoor.
- Capture, defend, and enhance conflict points to not only control the region but also gain access to bonuses and resources for your team.
- Fight Colossi on the field of battle to demonstrate your power and gain additional buffs.
- The Conquest Bar displays your current Conquest bonuses and can be found in the ‘K’ menu under Conquest.
- For those looking to contribute in ways other than direct combat, gather Sourcestone resources and use them to create beneficial effects that help everyone in your faction. These resources can be deposited in a depot inside your base where other crafters can also process them.
- New crafting recipes for use during Conquest are now available on the trainers in Sanctum and Meridian.
Last night while Oriyo and I were going through one of Summerfest‘s quests on the PTS, Oriyo happened to notice that his temporary ability icon had popped up.
To our surprise, he was able to “trap” a rare animal that had been near him and upon clicking the ability icon, he trapped the animal and he was able to loot it as a new companion. Initially we thought that Trion decided to add trapping to 1.9 afterall however after looking over at the PTS forum, it looks like it is just going to be a unique (and awesome) new feature for the world event.
Mortt – Rift Live Content Lead has replied to a thread that was created on new “trapping” to let us know that this is only unique to the world event.
What you are finding is actually part of the Summerfest event! The theme of Summerfest is “Scavenger Hunt”, and so lucky hunters will find these critters popping up around Telara for the duration of Summerfest. Currently there are no clues placed in-game for these pets, it’s up to the community to figure out how to get them all.
Show some love
Latest Forum Posts
News You Need
- Site Stable & Looking for Contributors.
- Website Stability / Stat Weight Issues
- RIFT 2.5: Hotfix #5 12/4/13 NA @ 8AM PST || 12/5/13 EU @ 2AM GMT
- RIFT 2.5: Hotfix #4 11/26/13 8 AM PST || 11/27/13 EU @ 2AM GMT
- RIFT 2.5: Hotfix #3 11/20/13 10AM PDT || 11/21/13 EU @ 1AM GMT
- RIFT 2.5: Hotfix #2 11/13/13 @ 8AM PDT || 11/14/13 EU @ 1AM GMT
We have a few non-invasive ads, however they can't quite cover the costs of our server. If you've got a spare dollar or few - please feel free to donate.
There will never be any pressure, and RiftScene isn't going to go down without it - so please never feel obligated.
Find us on
Latest Discovered Items
Ruthless Reinforced Karthite BastionBind On Equip
Hit Bonus +25
Requires Level: 54
Runebreakable (Runebreaking 301)
3 20 48
Revered Tassets Of Haunted TimeAccount Bound
Greater Endurance Boost [0/2]
(2) Increases Endurance By 2%.
Attack Power +38
Requires Level: 60
Runebreakable (Runebreaking 301)
View All Recent Discoveries
Top 5 Builds
Link to builds
- Gingers: Crafting Interface Changes You've Been Waiting For March 12, 2014
- Ocho: Looking at this forum scares me as a new player March 12, 2014
- Ocho: Official Glyph FAQ March 12, 2014
- Ocho: Trion please delete all characters on Deepwood server! March 12, 2014
- Ocho: Official Glyph FAQ March 11, 2014