Earlier today (May 17th) Trion hosted a Live Stream with James (Elrar), Simon (Dead Simon) and Bill (Daglar). This isn’t going to be a long-winded post – though I want to highlight some of the information that I found note-worthy.
- Patron is the new term for subscriber.
- Patrons will get a discount (likely 10%) on credit items in the Rift Store.
- Patrons will get XP boosts and Rep boosts.
- If you have a long term subscription (3, 6, 12+ Months) – you’ll receive a certain amount of credits per month you have left on your subscription – this number was not revealed. Update: As per Elrar’s comment below – this is a one time stipend payout of credits.
- Loyalty will be given to users based on how many months they have subscribed in the past and the future – the number that was given out on the Livestream was 7000 per month. Do not confuse Loyalty with Credits – as far as I know Loyalty is used to unlock some exclusive rewards in the Rift Store. It will be earned (in the future) by spending Credits. They’re going to go over Loyalty in next week’s Live Stream.
- Patrons have priority if there ever is a login queue.
- If you purchased the Storm Chaser edition before launch if Storm Legion – you get $50 worth of Credits to use on the store.
- You can summon a banker, guild banker, vendor, possibly AH, other random little services. All will have a Cooldown.
Regarding Items purchasable with Credits:
- Expert level gear will be available for purchase at 2.3.
- Raid items are not available for purchase, however Daglar did make a point to say that “top tier items will never be available to buy”. I imagine that means when the next tier content is available that the tier 1 sets will be available for purchase.
- You can purchase PvP gear as well, just not Rank 80 PVP gear. It does still require you to have the necessary rank, however.
- You’ll be able to purchase mounts (including a new Icy Raptor), pets, etc. They are creating new ones exclusively for the Rift Store.
- Dimension items and Dimensions themselves will be purchasable through the Rift Store. Some new Dimensions will be available only for players with the Loyalty to access them.
- Fluff items from previous events will be purchasable.
- Treasure Chests (lockboxes) are available to purchase that give you random gear. You apparently have a chance at getting a relic item out of the relic level lockbox, however it still is not as good as raid level epic gear.
Services / Game enhancements purchasable with Credits:
- Sex Change
- Race Change
- Faction Change
- 3, 15, 30 day Patron Passes
- Transfiguration Bauble – Weapon Customization (1 time use, transform 1 weapon into the appearance of another – still unsure if you can go backwards and undo it). Same type of weapon to same type of weapon only. (2H -> 2H, etc).
- Rune Unsocketing Aparatus – Used to remove Runes from gear and reuse them elsewhere.
- Planar Essence Unsocketing Aparatus – used to remove Planar Essences from your Sigil to use elsehwere.
- Bag Slots (2 more)
- Wardrobe Slots (up to 20)
- Role Slots (up to 20 total)
What is REX?
- Stands for Rift Exchange
- When used in game, it adds a (currently) unkown amounts of Credits to your account for use in the Rift Store.
- Not bound – can be traded, sold on AH, etc. Yes, that means in a round about way Rift is now selling Plat with real money. Though it’s worth noting that this will essentially curb Rift plat selling websites and it is a generally very good move on Trions part. There’s been similar things in other games (P2P and F2P alike) and it’s up to the community to set the price of what these go for so it all works out in the wash.
- For players who play a lot of Rift and have a lot of plat, you can buy a REX and get credits without having to spend a dime of real cash. For those of you who don’t have time to grind a ton of Plat in game, you can buy a REX and sell it on the AH for some extra plat for your raid consumables, soul repairs, etc.
Rift Storm Legion (Owning the Box going into F2P):
- You get all character slots.
- All 5 Bag Slots (vs 2)
- All Bank Slots (vs 2)
- All 6 Role Slots (vs 2)
- Will not be available to purchase once F2P goes live – though you can still purchase it from Best Buy or whatever where may still have it in stock.
Other General Information:
- Free mount (Icy Raptor) for people who purchased Storm Chaser or has 3,6,12 month active subscriptons.
- More Macro Slots will be coming (need to be coming)
- Currency has been multipled by 60-100. Infinity Stones, Frozen Eclipse stones, etc. So if 1 dropped previously, you now get 60. If you had 10 before patch 2.3 – you’ll have 60 when 2.3 hits (depending on what the multiplier is).
- New Craftable Runes are going to be available.
- Wardrobe Slots (up to 20 more - purchasable)
- Bag Slots (2 More - purchasable)
- Role Slots (20 - purchasable)
- Open Raid Testing – here to stay and complete non-disputable per Daglars word.
- 3.0 – New Souls. Currently playable internally. Speculation inc.
- 14 Day Refund Period changed to 30 Days. So if you’ve made a large purchase in the last 30 days, you can request a refund if you desire.
So that is my compilation, I really apologize if I missed anything (or mis-interpreted anything). If there’s anything I missed please comment below.
Also – and most importantly – leave feedback on the changes in the comments below. Trion is very clearly listening to users feedback and today’s livestream proves that. I see them adding/modifying quite a bit of stuff to their F2P model based on the feedback they’ve received so far.